Monday, April 12, 2010


The alarm went off and it was time to wake up for the last day of the academy. It was nice to get 8 hours of sleep instead of 4 hours of sleep. Tommy and I slowly headed to UC Irvine since we had some time till baseball was going to start. We made a stop to my favorite sandwich play “Lee’s Sandwich”. It is cheep and DELICIOUS.

When I got to the campus I decided to make an abbreviation in the schedule. I ended up shooting woman’s water polo before baseball. It was my first time and that was quit the experience.

After that I headed over to baseball to catch the last ¾ of the baseball game. It was an exciting game with a lot of action going on. I was fun to hear Rod Mar yell when you were shooting home plate while something was going on as well, It helped us tremendously. I had to think about what is going on at home but also what other plays are happening on the course.

After baseball I meet back up with Tommy to see the speed light class. Robert Hanashiro doesn’t carry studio lights when he goes out on assignments. He just uses his speed lights with cool setups. Great tips and tricks that he uses without the use of studio strobes.

After the class I got right to editing since deadline for photos were earlier tonight. Wally Skalji and Robert Hanashiro had a 7pm slide show of their winter Olympics. They had amazing photos. I didn’t realize how hard it would be to shoot the Olympics. Not as easy as it may seem.

After deadlines, of course we went through everyone’s photos and the judges chose the best images of the day. But following was closing out workshop. I was so happy that I was able to attend this workshop. I would one day like to be able to go back. I haven’t really processed what I have learned but I know that it has improved me skills.

After the closing of the workshop it was time for a late dinner. Jose, Tommy , and I headed over the 24 hour Korean restaurant. Of course the food was delicious. On our way out we ran in to the SSA staff across the way and I had to a drive by shooting (drive by with the car and take a picture).

We finally made it back to the hotel and it was 3am. Time for a light night pack and I am headed home mid day.

I just wanted to do a shot out to Anson Pham for letting me barrow a car and the whole SSA crew for all the help and making time to help us. Cheers to all of them

No comments:

Post a Comment