Tuesday, March 23, 2010

State Basketball

Wednesday before spring break started I got a call from my good Asian friend Junfu about covering the NMAA 4A State Girls Championship game for the Daily-Times in Farmington on Friday evening. Xavier Mascarenas who is a staff photographer for the Daily-Times needed a photographer pronto and I was up for the job for Friday’s night game. It was defiantly a change in pace from shooting the Lobo’s men’s basketball team. It was my second time shooting high school basketball and I knew it was going to be a bit of a challenge because of the speed of the game.

The match up with Kirkland Central and Ship Rock brought in many from around their community and packed in the Pit. Ship Rock started out strong with Kirkland Central looking sluggish. But soon enough the number 1 seed Broncos gained some momentum and took the game away and Kirkland Central came out on top.








No comments:

Post a Comment