Thursday, January 28, 2010

Journalism Boot camp

Last week I was able to be part of a fantastic Journalism Boot Camp put together by the great people of the Daily Lobo. We had some of the best photographers and journalist from around the state and country.

Friday night we started out Boot Camp with a portfolio review with the mentors at Banditos. Unfortunately I was late due to a PLOW that had hit my car in Santa Fe and a flat tire. But any ways we went late in to the evening…..actually until we pretty much got kicked out. I really enjoyed the feedback I was able to receive and I was even more intrigued how people see images differently.

Saturday’s assignment for the photography crew was to find a business on central (UNM area) and spend time with the employees and get them to open up to us. I thought it was a great experience because it helped me come out of my comfort zone and interact and get to know people I have never met before.
After our shoot we were to reconvene Sunday morning for critiques. It was fun to see everyone’s work and see what people were able to capture. I spent my assignment at the Zone gift shop and had a wonderful time with the employees. People who may look different to many are just as cool and fun as your own friends. Never judge some one by there appearance.

But any ways thank you Mark Holmes and the photographers who helped out the young aspiring photographers.









oooo and here's my car. Not as bad but the fact that there is a hole and the guy hit my car a left. Thank you NM DOT


No comments:

Post a Comment