Friday, July 10, 2009

My first Blog

(Warning Excuse my grammar lol)

The time is 12:51am on July 10th, 2009.

As I lay in bed I decided to randomly create my first blog EVER. I know I am a little slow on the bandwagon with creating a blog, but I just now have finally motivated myself to create one.

As this is my first blog, I am going to blog about my trip to Ft. Worth Texas two weeks ago for the Red Bull X-Fighters (6/27/09).

I pulled in to Ft. Worth early Saturday morning at about 2:45am. The Red Bull Wings girls and I knew we were in the right place when we saw the Red Bull Pinzgauer and Bus parked in front of the hotel. As late as it was many people were still awake hanging out on the bus. So we checked in to the hotel and join everyone on the bus for a quick hello. Before you knew it was a 4am and I am wondering how 2 hours flew by so fast. I also realized that I had to be up in 4 hours so I got some shuteye.

The morning came pretty quick with only 4 hours asleep. I got ready and gathered my things to head down the historical Stockyard to pick up my media credentials. I stepped out side and weather was AMAZING. With 104-degree heat and 70% humidity I knew that today was going to be a “COOL” one.

I finally made it down the Stockyard and of course I drove around for 20 minutes trying to find directions to the media room since everyone had a different answer for me on where to go. I finally picked up my credentials and I made my way out to the track to scope things out. I was blown away on the magnitude of the track and couldn’t imagine what the riders had in store for us tonight.

It was noon and I was back at the hotel. I had 6 hours to relax before I needed to be back at the event. Since the girls wanted to go shopping I called my friend Chris to hang out. We couldn’t decide what to do so we randomly headed to the new 1.3 BILLION DOLLAR Dallas Cowboys Stadium (just cause). When we showed up we noticed a lot of people heading into the stadium, so we went to investigate. When we went inside we asked someone what was going on and it was the second day that they were giving tours of the stadium. Chris and I purchased two 12-dollar tickets and off we went. The tour was only an hour and it took us all the way to the top and all the way to bottom, from the top floor, to the locker room and on to the field. The Stadium was simply an engineering masterpiece and of course it came with all the bells and whistles (for 1.3 billion it better).

After Chris and I adventure to Cowboy Stadium he dropped me back off at the hotel. It was getting close to show time and I was starting to get a little nervous since I had never shot FMX (Freestyle Motocross). I made my way down to the stockyard and when I arrived I meet up with another friend Christian Pondella who was shooting for Red Bull. We talked for a few, but show time was less than 30 minutes away. I made my way on to the track to find my spot to shoot. From there the event was spectacular. It was really hard shooting since media was confined to limited areas and I was getting a lot of lens flare from the stadium lights. But you have to work with what you have and make due with it.

After the event came to a close it was something that I was going to remember for a lifetime. I was able to witness my first FMX, Double Back flip (first double back in FMX competition), and a trip of a lifetime. I made friends and meet people I never would have dreamed of meeting. It was trip for the books and another one awaits me.

No comments:

Post a Comment